The original, bare couch area, minus the nasty cushions it came with. 🙂 There had been mice and bugs living as the sole residents when we bought The Beast…and I was pretty sure the cushions were giving me breathing problems. We agreed to take them out…but that left the problem of what to sleep on. I am one tough cookie, so I just laid a blanket down for padding for a couple of months, and Scott chose to use the floor, but it was a really poor solution to our problem. For one, it separated the marital bed. Not good. For another, as my baby grows I find myself needing a bit more cushion to stay comfy at night. 😀
We were given some new carpet remnants for free and I thought it would be perfect to line the wood with. We normally sleep on a carpeted floor, even when we have a bed. 😀 I have no idea why, lol. So I assumed this would be a huge improvement. Here are my tools: (at some point I found a razor-blade holder-thingy which my sore fingers thanked me for! lol)
My super-cute sidekick, Rue:
I of course cut to size. 😀
Here, you can see the lip where the two layers show at the back of the couch area…it pulls out into a four-foot wide bed. I cut the top piece of carpet a little bit wider than the wood so as to have a bit of over-lay when the bed is put out. That has helped incomfort at night. 😀
Someone woke up to play!!!
At some point I looked over and saw someone else watching me. 🙂 This is the overweight cat hilariously named “Baby Girl”. She is really pretty, but pretty shy, so I don’t get to see her often.
I also cut out some small squares for some kind of decorative back, and to help pillows stay where they go in the daytime, but I am not sure how I want to bind the edges yet so they are not up. 🙂
And the boys showing off the new digs. A unanimous vote says it is MUCH more comfy and a job very well done! And my hips and back feel so much better! 😀